Electrical Engineer Massachusetts
A/Z Corp is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer (PE preferred) for our Westborough, MA office.
This position requires an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, team player with excellent communication, managerial and interpersonal skills. Conformance with all corporate and client confidentiality requirements, strict adherence to business ethics and practices, and demonstration of professionalism throughout the delivery of services is required at all times. This role is intended for a fully competent, licensed engineer, capable of working both independently as well as leading a team. Your primary roles and responsibilities generally include the following:
- Developing and analyzing project requirements and disseminating information to junior engineers and designers assigned to your team, and related disciplines, working on the project.
- Initiate contact and maintain ongoing relationships with Authorities Having Jurisdiction and utility companies in the localities where the projects are located.
- Execute power quality studies, capacity studies, UPS (CPS) and emergency power strategies, forensic analysis, and arc-flash studies.
- Provide fire alarm design, security and CCTV systems design, and life safety systems designs.
- Facilitate the design and optimization of systems and components including power distribution, lighting systems, instrumentation and controls, and automation systems.
- Provide Electrical Design services including MV and LV power distribution systems required for the construction of technologically advanced manufacturing facilities.
- Power distribution design to include Continuous Power, Emergency Power, and Normal Power systems.
- Participate in and lead peer review studies and QA/QC audits of electrical design projects. Be responsible for ensuring drawings, specifications, and submittals meet company quality standards.
- Evaluate the life-cycle cost, operability and maintenance requirements of proposed designs or existing systems;
- Finalize drawings, specifications, and quality audits within the allocated budget and schedule.
- Implement and participate in Green Building Design & Construction practices and associations such as USGBC and LEED;
- Perform building code analysis and research. You must be expert in understanding and application of the model building codes including the NEC, IBC, ANSI/IEEE as well as the applicable state codes where the work is to be performed.
- Provide stamped drawings for work performed on behalf of A/Z consistent with the Professional Engineers Code of Ethics. In turn A/Z will indemnify you and provide associated professional insurance coverage;
- Design motor controls, PLC and relay controls, and VSD systems.
- Obtain operational proficiency of the latest design software (CAD 2D / 3D modeling within a BIM environment) and clash detection applications (i.e. Revit, AutoCad, Navisworks, QuickPen, etc.);
- Develop and test design options and process methods for system applicability and program compliance;
- Support commissioning, start-up, and validation, and help develop procedures and SOP’s for system operation and testing, including IQ-OQ-PQ validation protocols;
- Establish and coordinate maintenance and safety procedures, service schedules, and materials required for building systems operation;
- Perform forensic evaluations and make recommendations to plant operators and/or maintenance crews regarding corrective action;
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering based opportunities;
- Solicit new business and provide technical customer service;
CONSTRUCTION AND ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Provide general Services During Construction support to the Construction Management group.
- Supervise quantity take-offs, review contractor’s monthly invoices, review O&M manuals, and monitor as-built document development.
- Assist in the business development efforts including preconstruction, tactical approaches with project delivery, ensuring a customer-centric focus, client interaction, and presentation assistance;
- Participate in peer reviews and provide insight regarding productivity factors, constructability, alternative means and methods, general conditions build-up factors, and Scope of Service definition for proposals;
- Adhere to Corporate Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies and Best-Practices;
- Provide final inspection, prepare punch lists, review engineering design packages for constructability issues, and evaluate lessons learned.
- Provide a pro-active and positive Client interface throughout the delivery of services;
- Respond to RFI’s, and coordinate with related disciplines technical issues during construction.
- Enforce quality control accountability to ensure compliance with project specifications;
- Coordinate and support system start-up, close-out, and system user training in accordance with project specifications;
- Initiate continuous improvement objectives and embrace technological enhancements in production and project tracking.
- Promote, foster, and maintain open communication among all project team members;
- Participation in lessons learned sessions, operational development initiatives, and best practices training to support a continuous improvement working philosophy.
Registration as a professional engineer in MA, RI, or CT is preferred. Additionally, 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following or related markets:
- Life Sciences
- Utilities and Cogeneration
- Mission Critical
A/Z Corporation offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and vacation.
An AA/EOE Employer