Safety Coordinator Connecticut
The position will cover jobsites in the CT market, it requires an enthusiastic self-starter that is a team player with excellent communication, managerial and interpersonal skills. The position requires conformance with all corporate and client confidentiality requirements, strict adherence to business ethics and practices, and a continual demonstration of professionalism throughout the delivery of services. The primary roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting regular (daily) job site and work area inspections and safety observations throughout CT as required. Additional travel may be required at times outside this geographic area.
- Provide daily report detailing health and safety issues of the day utilizing Predictive Solutions software; attend meetings with the Project Manager if necessary.
- Provide safety training to site personnel for compliance with A/Z and contract requirements if necessary.
- Review Subcontractor’s Health and Safety Plans and activity specific Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) to ensure conformance with A/Z Policies and contract documents.
- Capable of identifying known/potential health and safety issues related to construction related field activities and recommending corrective actions.
- Ability to communicate well with clients, A/Z personnel and Subcontractors.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly working at various construction locations where there may be exposure to confined spaces, working at heights, moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations.
Minimum of 6 years’ experience in construction safety. Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations and requirements. MaY Visit multiple project sites daily or be assigned to a specific long term project, conducting weekly meetings, toolbox talks, reviewing and approving JHA’s, collaboration with our Project Managers and Superintendents to implement proper corrective actions. Strong diplomatic skills in coordinating with field staff and ensuring safety for our client, the public, our employees and other subcontractors.
A/Z Corporation offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and vacation.
An AA/EOE Employer